1. Four tourist attractions in Shanghai Old City you should not miss: Main Square, Huxingting Tea House, Yuyuan Garden, and Yuyuan Bazaar (Yuyuan Market). In these places you will learn something about Chinese ancient gardens, Chinese tea culture, and the traditional Chinese fair.
2. Shanghai is a cosmopolis. To choose a good location for lodging, better near the traffic hub, convenient for your setting-off, like train station, People’s Square, Xujiahui area; if want more economical hotels, choose those around Luxun Park, Daboshu, Wujiaochang, Caoyang, Meilong areas where have the express subway that leads to the city center.
3. In Shanghai, many restaurants and hotels serve different style Chinese cuisines, such as Shanghai cuisine, Sichuan cuisine, Cantonese cuisine, Shandong Cuisine, Yangzhou Cuisine… Western food, South American food, and some oriental food such as Korean food, Japanese food, Indian food, also found here.
4. Shanghai enjoys the reputation of “Shopping Paradise in Mainland China”. Its famous shopping areas include the Cichuan North Road, Nanjing Road, Huahai Road, Xuhui District Shopping Center, Yuyuan Bazaar. Prices for the same thing may vary greatly in different stores, therefore comparison sometimes is necessary.
5. For nightlife and entertainment of Shanghai, we recommend Xin Tian Di, where assembles a number of international galleries, dress shops, coffee shops, saloons, theme restaurants of home and abroad… Besides, you can enjoy the Chinese Acrobatics, Jiangnan Sizhu or Pingtan in the famous Shanghai theatres, or ramble along the Bund to feast your eyes on the beautiful night scenes, or have a cruise on the Huangpu River to see the visional night Shanghai.
6. Travel to Shanghai, you need not worry about communication. Today most Shanghai young people can speak English and other foreign languages.
Shanghai Emergency Call Numbers
110 Call police for help in any danger
119 Dial this number when fire or other disaster happens
120 Call for an ambulance
122 Dial this number when a traffic accident happens